Jerrybitesforever

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jerrybitesforever

Jerry Your forum bites

COMMUNITY

Jolly Johnny
    Jolly Johnny

COMMUNITY  Empty COMMUNITY

Post  Jolly Johnny Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:45 pm

It's almost back. Alternate Universe and Musical Episodes confirmed. John Goodman is joining the cast which means it will now star Chevy Chase, Ken Jeong and John Goodman, and still get lower rating than that shit with Ashton Kutcher.

COMMUNITY  Alison-brie-gillian-jacobs-gq
    Jolly Johnny
    Jolly Johnny

COMMUNITY  Empty Re: COMMUNITY

Post  Jolly Johnny Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:51 pm

Also I still love this:
    Jolly Johnny
    Jolly Johnny

Post  Jolly Johnny Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:05 am

Preview images from the first episode of this upcoming season:
    COMMUNITY  Tumblr_lqpou5A6PG1qhejvjo6_r1_1280
    COMMUNITY  Tumblr_lqpou5A6PG1qhejvjo4_1280
    COMMUNITY  Tumblr_lqpou5A6PG1qhejvjo3_r1_400
    I'm so intrigued by these. Why is Chang in his pajamas? Why does Shirley look like she's singing showtunes, is the first episode the musical episode? Why does Jeff need an axe? OMG I want this show to come back so badly.
    Jolly Johnny
    Jolly Johnny

Post  Jolly Johnny Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:54 am

That doesn't even make allergic sense.

Hi I'm Jeff's Dad.

I attack black face

"...No."
    Jolly Johnny
    Jolly Johnny

Post  Jolly Johnny Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:29 am

In celebration of Season 3, here is my countdown of the top 5 episodes of Community so far.

5. INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISM Season 1, Episode 13
    This episode is notable not only for its considerable amount of guest stars--including Jack Black, Owen Wilson and the other members of Donald Glover's internet group Derrick Comedy, but because it is a turning point in the series where the writing started to get really sharp and it became clear that this was not just a funny show, but a really well made and weird funny show. Also included the Senor Chang cannot be killed rap.
    4. INTERMEDIATE DOCUMENTARY FILMMAKING
    In this brilliant send up of faux documentary sitcoms like The Office and Parks and Recreation, Abed films a documentary of Pierce's bequeathings from his faux deathbed. One such bequeathing leads Troy to meet Levar Burton.
    3. EPIDEMIOLOGY
    This community halloween episode begins normally enough but quickly goes the opposite direction when Troy has to save Greendale College from zombies. A perfect demonstration of how great and weird this show can be.
    2. ABED'S UNCONTROLLABLE CHRISTMAS
    This claymation christmas episode was written and directed by Dino Stramotopolus, the creator of Moral Orel, who also plays Starburns on the show. But you'd never be able to tell, cause the whole thing takes on a very bittersweet community vibe that blends sweetly in.
    1. MODERN WARFARE
    The first episode to break the traditional format of sitcoms and really made people realize the show's full potential. Working simultaneously as an action film and a half hour of comedy, the notorious "paintball episode" was directed by Justin Lin, director of the "Fast and the Furious" movies.
    Jolly Johnny
    Jolly Johnny

Post  Jolly Johnny Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:09 pm

Holy shit, Community and Parks and Rec went HARD tonight. So did It's Always Sunny. I love television.

My favorite part of the Community premiere was the 2001 reference, but all the jokes about Community possibly being canceled because it is too weird have me a little worried.

John Goodman is PERFECT in this though.
    Jolly Johnny
    Jolly Johnny

Post  Jolly Johnny Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:57 pm

I love that Chang is a security guard now. There's supposed to be a black and white noir episode coming up that focuses on Chang.
    Jolly Johnny
    Jolly Johnny

Post  Jolly Johnny Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:01 am

I like that you reduced this to just Community.

It saddens me that this show gets such pisspoor ratings but it's like the av club says "It'll be fine cause it's on a network that's tanking" haha.
    Jolly Johnny
    Jolly Johnny

Post  Jolly Johnny Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:17 pm

Uh oh they're switching the order they're airing the episodes. Sad

Networks only do that when--

Think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts... Mad
    Jolly Johnny
    Jolly Johnny

Post  Jolly Johnny Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:17 pm

ARGG that was so good.

"Yeah right, alternate timelines Abed."

so FUCKING good.
    Jolly Johnny
    Jolly Johnny

Post  Jolly Johnny Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:21 pm

It's just like "oh we've done a zombie episode, a star wars episode, and a my dinner with andre episode. What haven't we done yet?"

RUN LOLA RUN.

Okay!

Jolly Johnny
    Jolly Johnny

Post  Jolly Johnny Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:35 pm

I mean honestly GOD this show was made for me.

I can relate to every single one of the characters. Even the girl characters feel like girls I know in real life.

Also I don't think they've had Goodman in it since the first episode.
    Jolly Johnny
    Jolly Johnny

Post  Jolly Johnny Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:02 am

Oh jeez, description of Halloween episode and other upcoming episodes:

"Horror Fiction in Seven Spooky Steps"
    When Britta does a psych evaluation of the Study Group, she discovers one of them is terminally insane. In order to uncover who it is, she asks each of them to recount their own horror story.
    COMMUNITY  Preview%20%281%29_595

"Advanced Gay"
    Troy is approached by Vice Dean Laybourne (John Goodman) to join the repair school annex. Pierce is surprised when he learns that Hawthorne Wipes has actually become popular and successful, but his joy is shattered when his father (Larry Cedar) stops by.
    COMMUNITY  Preview%20%283%29_595

"Studies in Modern Movement"
    Annie tries to move in to Troy and Abed's apartment, causing a disastrous situation for Troy and Abed. When Jeff screws up, he must finally go out on a date with the Dean.

"Emmy's 101"
    Annie gets invited to her cousin Emmy's bar mitzvah, which Abed and Troy decide should be Hollywood themed. It appears that the group will get to go to the Emmy's after all. Guest starring Tom Cruise, Angelina Jolie, and Brad Pitt...impersonators.

"Choir"
    In Community's annual Christmas episode, the study group decides to join the Christmas choir led by gueststar Taran Killan. Meanwhile, Abed watches the Star Wars Christmas special for the first time, coming to a terrible realization that not all Christmas specials are good.

"Advanced Marital Courtship"
    Shirley's getting remarried to her ex-husband (Malcom Jamal Warner) and accidentally lets it slip to the study group, whom she did not want to invite. Bill Cosby guest stars.

"Apocolayptic Lit"
    When Vice Dean Laybourne (John Goodman) threatens to cut the Dean's programs in half, Jeff must turn to the last person he can trust: his father (guest star Bill Murray).
    Jolly Johnny
    Jolly Johnny

Post  Jolly Johnny Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:51 pm

It was still funny and I liked the fucked up references to Boy Meets World, Are You Afraid of the Dark, Kenan and Kel, Goosebumps and the Human Centipede (though I'm sure very few people watching actually got them), but it wasn't as good as either of the other Halloween episodes.

Also, holy shit, they're doing a sequel to the Documentary Episode from last year, and instead of Levar Burton the gueststar is going to be Luis Guzman, who apparently goes to Greendale hahahaha.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:22 am